“Game Changing, Awesomely Enlightening & Fun. I gained insight on the importance of listening and self-awareness about my own personal triggers. I enjoyed Michael’s authentic style of delivery.” – S. Mann, Senior Manager of Technology Delivery
“Prepare to have your mind blown. This is unlike anything you will have experienced before. Get out of the matrix!” – K. Ali, Agile Development Manager
“Enlightening, Powerful, Life Changing. I see I am not alone and it’s OK to ask for help. I liked that the class was straight forward, amusing, and thought-provoking.” – C. Tan, Agile Program Manager
“Inspiring, Provocative, Challenging. Michael explained the role we all have and it starts with you. Be the inspirational leader and be the model of the desired culture shift. I liked how the delivery was a mix of exercises, lectures, drawing, and conversation. I feel I connected with the content.” – M. Fagan, Agile Coach
“Exhilarating, Soul Searching, Addictive. I now understand that I need to gain insight on my own leadership journey first.” – L. Fowler, Scrum Master
CAL 1 is an integrated understanding of culture, leadership and organizational change. All of these are talking about high performance but from different perspectives. We provide an integrated view that enables rapid organizational growth through a proven playbook.
- Sahota Playbook for High Performance Organizations™
- Sahota 4A’s Leadership Model™
- Create the context for a high performance organization
- Connect leadership behaviours with organizational culture
- Foster an “agile” organization aligned with the Agile Mindset
- Redefine effective executive leadership
- Engage people to create high-performance organizational culture
- Sahota change model for Consciously Approaching Agile™
During this experience, participants will undergo a process of letting go of existing behaviours that block their abilities to be an effective leader. They will explore models of culture and receive a playbook to guide the next steps on their journey of creating high performance organizations. We shift the consciousness of participants so they they become aware of the root challenges and are able to discover lasting solutions.
Michael Sahota guides and teaches leaders how to create high-performance organizations. He has a proven practical playbook for leading change. His model for Consciously Approaching Agile™ guides the creation of a cultural and leadership context where Agile drives lasting organizational results.
As a Certified Agile Leadership (CAL) Educator, Michael teaches on a worldwide basis. His highly accoladed Certified Agile Leadership (CAL1) Training reflects his growth and capability as a leader. He has been traveling to India for the past 4 years in an intense study of personal growth and transformation for his own leadership path. He practices and models what he teaches to create transformative experiences.
Since 2001, Michael has been guiding success with Agile. Since 2010, he has held his Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC) designation. In 2012, he published the ground-breaking book “An Agile Adoption and Transformation Survival Guide: Working with Organizational Culture”. Michael has two books that are to be published this year: Emotional Science and Agile Leadership
- “Thought-Provoking, Refreshing, Broadening. There is an acknowledgment and desire among the agile practitioner community that something is broken and this is one step to fixing it. Michael has great energy and the delivery was very inclusive. – S. Ahmed, Head of Digital Products & Operations, Bupa
- “Dynamic, Insightful & Practical. During this training the most valuable insight gained, was to get out of my own way.” – R. Ellerman, CEO
- “Intense, Challenging, Growth Building. The value of leadership is the key to culture, agile and many other successes. Listening is the most valuable tool for a leader.” – M. Mullins, Head of Communications, Technology & Operations
- “Powerfully awakening and inspirational for my personal journey. I learned to listen to the system, to let it go, and that it’s all about heart, body and soul.” – D. Whelan, Agile COE Lead
- “Inspirational, Holistic, Honest. I learned that ‘Agile’ is not the goal. Any good that I might aspire to do in others must be fully internalized and true in me first. I like the group discussion and decision-making. Michael showed a great level of respect for the whole person.” – R El.ledge, Work Stream Lead, IT PMO
- “The best leadership and growth activity I’ve done in 25 years!” – A. Heath, Delivery Manager
- “Consciousness Expanding, Unexpected, Positively Different. There was a whole other dimension of leadership that I was not aware of, but that makes all the difference. The delivery was done with love, compassion, with a wonderful attitude and environment.” – T. Gruber, Scaled Agile Coach
- “Inspiring, Beautiful, Empowering. I now see the importance of going beyond Agile and clarifying leadership’s desire for transformation. I now have patterns for experimenting with. The energy and charisma engaged me.” – J. D’Jelal, Organizational Coach
- “Enlightening, Engaging, Empowering. I discovered valuable ways of approaching leadership, and transformation through patterns. This subject holistically has opened up my mind to the possibilities of what I can achieve with organizations.” – A. Ahmed, Scrum Master
- “Scintillating, Frame-shifting, Upleveling. I learned to be humble about what progress can be made and my role in it. Extraordinary sequencing, pacing and energy.” – M. de la Maza, Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC)
- “Welcoming, Caring, Not pushing. I gained valuable insights on safety, growth and culture. I like that Michael uses polls to see the voice of the system and the drawings to discuss concepts.” – Z. Sochova, Agile Coach & Certified Scrum Trainer (CST)
- Pre-requisites: You are expected to have basic knowledge of Agile. This may have come to you through industry experience, reading, meetups or formal training. This course is designed for anyone seeking to foster a more “agile” high-performance organization. It is accessible and essential for leaders in innovation, lean, human resources, etc. – not just Agile.
- Course Pre-learning: Participants are expected to complete 2 hours of videos and readings in advance of the training. Then there is more time to focus on discussion and exploration. The reading guide will be shared with participants after registration.
Certification Requirement & Schedule:
- As part of the tuition, you will receive the Certified Agile Leader 1 (CAL1) certification from the Scrum Alliance.
As there is no test, the only requirement for certification is your full participation in the class. This means that you will need to schedule any travel so it does not conflict with scheduled class time. Late arrivals and early departures are not advised as it will interfere with creating a safe learning environment for others and will make certification discretionary.
What is the difference between SAFe and CAL1?
On the surface, the goals of SAFe and CAL1 are similar: An Agile Organization.
SAFe has an excellent focus on Tactical elements of Agile such as the process, roles, multi-team releases. It is a wonderful way to adopt Agile practices in a large organization. One might say the focus is on Doing Agile. The focus here is on what may we do to improve things with as little organizational change as possible.
The focus of the Michael Sahota CAL1 Experience is an integrated view of Organizational Cultural, Leadership and Org Change. It’s about Being Agile: How we use an Agile Mindset to create a nimble flexible organization powered by engaged, innovative people. It’s all about creating a High-Performance Organization using Agile. You will learn a proven playbook for moving to high performance regardless of your role.
I don't see a CAL near me, what can I do?
We are continually adding events around the world and you can request us to come to your city by reaching out. Just click on the button at the bottom of the page.
Another option to learn, is to take our Online Agile Leadership Training. Just click on the button at the bottom of the page.
What is the breakdown of PDU's?
This training provides 14 SEUs in support of the Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP) and 14 PDUs in support of certifications offered by the Project Management Institute, including the PMIACP as well as the PMP certification.You can claim 1/2 as strategic and 1/2 as leadership.
Do all CAL1 trainings cover the same content?
No. And there is a good reason for this.
All CAL1 trainings cover the same set of high-level learning objectives.
However, each training is as unique as the instructor. Each CAL1 reflects the unique leadership and organizational development journey of the instructor.
The Michael Sahota CAL1 experience, reflects years of professional practice that has resulted in several proprietary models and techniques that have been proven around the world to lead to high performance.
Do you offer private CAL1 Training?
Yes! Major organizations are getting huge benefits from internal CAL1 training. With executives, managers and coaches all in the same room we increase the shared organizational awareness and alignment needed to get high performance. Participants can have internal discussions not possible in a public class.