We’ve made access to Michael available for all CAL1 and Agile Leadership Online Training graduates. These are now free to you to allow you to continue your learning journey and ask Michael questions as you implement the Sahota Playbook. These occur on Michael’s Zoom meeting room on the first Tuesday of every month.
“Game Changing, Awesomely Enlightening & Fun. I gained insight on the importance of listening and self-awareness about my own personal triggers. I enjoyed Michael’s authentic style of delivery.” – S. Mann, Senior Manager of Technology Delivery
“Prepare to have your mind blown. This is unlike anything you will have experienced before. Get out of the matrix!” – K. Ali, Agile Development Manager
“Enlightening, Powerful, Life Changing. I see I am not alone and it’s OK to ask for help. I liked that the class was straight forward, amusing, and thought-provoking.” – C. Tan, Agile Program Manager
“Inspiring, Provocative, Challenging. Michael explained the role we all have and it starts with you. Be the inspirational leader and be the model of the desired culture shift. I liked how the delivery was a mix of exercises, lectures, drawing, and conversation. I feel I connected with the content.” – M. Fagan, Agile Coach
“Exhilarating, Soul Searching, Addictive. I now understand that I need to gain insight on my own leadership journey first.” – L. Fowler, Scrum Master
The Sahota System you’ll discover inside our Certified Agile Leadership Training is an integrated approach to culture, leadership and organizational change.
All of these are talking about high performance but from different perspectives. We provide an integrated view that enables rapid organizational growth through our proven Playbook.
I’ve been guiding success in organizations with Agile since 2001, and I’ve held my Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC) designation since 2010. I teach my version of the Certified Agile Leadership Training (CAL1) across the world.
Although, I’ve also been in your shoes.
I was the Software Developer, the Architect, the Team Lead, the Project Manager, and held Executive roles.
I was personally responsible for many transformations using Agile, Lean, Devops, etc.
Like you, I could see what needed to be done, I could see the problems and the obstacles, but I was fighting resistance from my team, the leaders, and the organizational system.
I failed multiple times in my career as an Agile Coach because I wasn’t a great leader. I valued results more than people and it even got me fired a few times. I really wanted success and I pushed too hard. I didn’t know how to engage even though I was doing normal “Agile Coaching”.
I knew the leaders needed to change if the organization was going to change, that was obvious to me.
It then hit me that maybe I needed to change first.
It was worth an experiment at least.
This put me on a path of personal development, increasing my personal effectiveness and leadership skills through developing my own Agile Mindset, going first as a leader, and listening instead of pushing my agenda.
Wouldn’t you know… people started trusting and respecting me as a leader.
I created environments where the leaders were not only engaged, but leading the change initiatives. Places where teams were happy and felt protected. It was inside this safe place we could get some serious, quick results in our transformation.
I’ve been growing and developing new ways of BEING Agile, of creating proven ways someone can create a high performing organization and team.
The result is my life’s work that has been tested in the trenches of organizations from myself to my students and attendees across the world.
I call it The Sahota System which is a proven approach designed to give you the Knowledge, the Behaviour Shifts, and the Tools & Tactics that have transformed organizations across the world.
- “Thought-Provoking, Refreshing, Broadening. There is an acknowledgment and desire among the agile practitioner community that something is broken and this is one step to fixing it. Michael has great energy and the delivery was very inclusive. – S. Ahmed, Head of Digital Products & Operations, Bupa
- “Dynamic, Insightful & Practical. During this training the most valuable insight gained, was to get out of my own way.” – R. Ellerman, CEO
- “Intense, Challenging, Growth Building. The value of leadership is the key to culture, agile and many other successes. Listening is the most valuable tool for a leader.” – M. Mullins, Head of Communications, Technology & Operations
- “Powerfully awakening and inspirational for my personal journey. I learned to listen to the system, to let it go, and that it’s all about heart, body and soul.” – D. Whelan, Agile COE Lead
- “Inspirational, Holistic, Honest. I learned that ‘Agile’ is not the goal. Any good that I might aspire to do in others must be fully internalized and true in me first. I like the group discussion and decision-making. Michael showed a great level of respect for the whole person.” – R El.ledge, Work Stream Lead, IT PMO
- “The best leadership and growth activity I’ve done in 25 years!” – A. Heath, Delivery Manager
- “Consciousness Expanding, Unexpected, Positively Different. There was a whole other dimension of leadership that I was not aware of, but that makes all the difference. The delivery was done with love, compassion, with a wonderful attitude and environment.” – T. Gruber, Scaled Agile Coach
- “Inspiring, Beautiful, Empowering. I now see the importance of going beyond Agile and clarifying leadership’s desire for transformation. I now have patterns for experimenting with. The energy and charisma engaged me.” – J. D’Jelal, Organizational Coach
- “Enlightening, Engaging, Empowering. I discovered valuable ways of approaching leadership, and transformation through patterns. This subject holistically has opened up my mind to the possibilities of what I can achieve with organizations.” – A. Ahmed, Scrum Master
- “Scintillating, Frame-shifting, Upleveling. I learned to be humble about what progress can be made and my role in it. Extraordinary sequencing, pacing and energy.” – M. de la Maza, Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC)
- “Welcoming, Caring, Not pushing. I gained valuable insights on safety, growth and culture. I like that Michael uses polls to see the voice of the system and the drawings to discuss concepts.” – Z. Sochova, Agile Coach & Certified Scrum Trainer (CST)
- Pre-requisites: You are expected to have basic knowledge of Agile. This may have come to you through industry experience, reading, meetups or formal training. This course is designed for anyone seeking to foster a more “agile” high-performance organization. It is accessible and essential for leaders in innovation, lean, human resources, etc. – not just Agile.
- Course Pre-learning: Participants are expected to complete 2 hours of videos and readings in advance of the training. Then there is more time to focus on discussion and exploration. The reading guide will be shared with participants after registration.
Certification Requirement & Schedule:
- As part of the tuition, you will receive the Certified Agile Leader 1 (CAL1) certification from the Scrum Alliance.
As there is no test, the only requirement for certification is your full participation in the class. This means that you will need to schedule any travel so it does not conflict with scheduled class time. Late arrivals and early departures are not advised as it will interfere with creating a safe learning environment for others and will make certification discretionary.
What is the difference between SAFe and CAL1?
On the surface, the goals of SAFe and CAL1 are similar: An Agile Organization.
SAFe has an excellent focus on Tactical elements of Agile such as the process, roles, multi-team releases. It is a wonderful way to adopt Agile practices in a large organization. One might say the focus is on Doing Agile. The focus here is on what may we do to improve things with as little organizational change as possible.
The focus of the Michael Sahota CAL1 Experience is an integrated view of Organizational Cultural, Leadership and Org Change. It’s about Being Agile: How we use an Agile Mindset to create a nimble flexible organization powered by engaged, innovative people. It’s all about creating a High-Performance Organization using Agile. You will learn a proven playbook for moving to high performance regardless of your role.
I don't see a CAL near me, what can I do?
We are continually adding events around the world and you can request us to come to your city by reaching out. Just click on the button at the bottom of the page.
Another option to learn, is to take our Online Agile Leadership Training. Just click on the button at the bottom of the page.
What is the breakdown of PDU's?
This training provides 14 SEUs in support of the Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP) and 14 PDUs in support of certifications offered by the Project Management Institute, including the PMIACP as well as the PMP certification.You can claim 1/2 as strategic and 1/2 as leadership.
Do all CAL1 trainings cover the same content?
No. And there is a good reason for this.
All CAL1 trainings cover the same set of high-level learning objectives.
However, each training is as unique as the instructor. Each CAL1 reflects the unique leadership and organizational development journey of the instructor.
The Michael Sahota CAL1 experience, reflects years of professional practice that has resulted in several proprietary models and techniques that have been proven around the world to lead to high performance.
Do you offer private CAL1 Training?
Yes! Major organizations are getting huge benefits from internal CAL1 training. With executives, managers and coaches all in the same room we increase the shared organizational awareness and alignment needed to get high performance. Participants can have internal discussions not possible in a public class.
What's next after the CAL1?
In order to keep the energy alive after the CAL1 (and the online training) and to help you navigate the Playbook in your organization, I’ve created a FREE Monthly Integration Call where you can ask me questions and we can go deeper into your leadership journey. You’ll be automatically entered into the call notifications where you’ll receive an email with a link to join us both 12 hours and 15 minutes in advance of the call. You can unsubscribe from receiving these emails at any time if you no longer want to take part in our discussions.
You can also check my upcoming CAL2 schedule here to go deeper in your leadership journey.